Saturday, March 11, 2017

Pinterest - Static and Current Electricity

Card
Reflection:
Pinterest is a tool that I have used for a few years. What I like about it is that its very easy to curate information. What I don't like about it is that it is very easy to curate so much information that it becomes difficult to find the information that you really liked. That is however, the only thing that I have against Pinterest and it is fairly easily solved. As long as you are judicious in choosing which things to pin to your board, you won't have to sift through hundreds of different items to find the stuff you really want.
You can access the board that I created here.
I feel like this would be a good tool to have my students use so that they can collect ideas for a science project to place in the science fair. I have create a sample board using static and current electricity as my topic. I have compiled a few ideas on how to incorporate electricity into easy-to-accomplish experiments. I would encourage my students to do the same thing to help them to prepare an experiment for a science fair.
Standards:
UEN
5th grade, Standard 4
Students will understand features of static and current electricity.
ED Tech
Standard 6
Use telecommunications efficiently and effectively to access remote information and communicate with others in support of direct and independent learning and for pursuit of personal interests.
ISTE
Knowledge Constructor
I critically select, evaluate and synthesize digital resources into a collection that reflects my learning and builds my knowledge.

No comments:

Post a Comment