Saturday, March 11, 2017

Tiki-Toki - Exploration and Colonization of North America

Card
Reflection:
Tiki-Toki was a new tool for me - I had never heard of it before this class. In trying to create my timeline, I was a little frustrated that I couldn't just select a year. I had to select a day in the year as well, even if my sources only listed a year. While I understand that it is good to be as specific as possible, it can be misleading to those that view the finished product if the sources are not able to provide a specific day within a year. Those viewing the timeline will be under the impression that a certain event happened on a particular day when I only entered what was easiest for me to enter to meet the demands of the Tiki-Toki.
You can see my timeline Here
Other than that, I feel like Tiki-Toki is a great tool to convey information to students in a chronological matter in an interactive way. It allows you to embed videos and images directly to the timeline which can provide a more immersive experience for the students. My idea for this particular project is to provide information for students that could help them learn key details about the colonization of North America that could help them prepare for a test. I imagine it being used similarly to a study guide.
Standards:
UEN 5th Grade, Social Studies
Standard 1
Students will understand how the exploration and colonization of North America transformed human history.
Objective 1
Describe and explain the growth and development of the early American colonies
EdTech Standard
Standard 9
Determine when technology is useful and select the appropriate tool(s) and technology resources to address a variety of tasks and problems
ISTE Standard
Knowledge Constructor
I critically select, evaluate, and synthesize digital resources into a collection that reflects my learning and builds my knowledge.


No comments:

Post a Comment