Monday, April 3, 2017

MindMap - Character Comparison


Reflection:
I used Popplet.com to create My MindMap. This project is an example project that I would use with students to show them what I expect from them. The assignment would be to compare and contrast characters from a book that they are reading individually or even as a class. The great thing about Popplet is that there is no limit to the space used. This project could be expanded to included many other characters and you could easily find a character and review their characteristics or add to them. 
I didn't really have any complaints about Popplet. It allowed me to easily create a mind map that looked clean. It is easily edited and I feel elementary students will be able to use this tool to brain storm and compare concepts and ideas.
Standards:
UEN Standard 5th Grade
Reading: Literature Standard 3
Compare and contrast two or more characters, settings, or events in a story or drama, drawing on specific details in the text (e.g., how characters interact).
Ed Tech
Standard 5
Use technology tools (e.g., multimedia authoring, presentation, web tools, digital cameras, scanners) for individual and collaborative writing, communication, and publishing activities to create knowledge products for audiences inside and outside the classroom. (3, 4)
ISTE
Innovative Designer
I solve problems by creating new and imaginative solutions using a variety of digital tools.

No comments:

Post a Comment