Thursday, April 20, 2017

Padlet - Class Discussion

Made with Padlet
Reflection
I really like the concept of Padlet and wish I had a real class that I could use it with! It is very simple to use and makes a class discussion effortless. I feel that students will be more likely to participate in a written discussion than a verbal one because they will have time to formulate their thoughts before posting them. They won't have to worry about finding the right words on the spot. I know that that is one reason that I have trouble with in-class discussions. I am afraid I won't be able to accurately convey what I am thinking. As a teacher, I would use this tool to carry out class discussions - in this example we would be discussing a book that we are reading as a class. I would ask each student to make a least one comment answering the main question or asking questions of their peers regarding the reading.
Standards
UEN
Language Arts Grade 5
Reading: Literature Standard 1
Quote accurately from a text when explaining what the text says explicitly and when drawing inferences from the text.
EdTech
Standard 7
Use telecommunications and on-line resources (e.g., email, online discussions, web environments) to participate in collaborative problem-solving activities to develop solutions or products for audiences inside and outside the classroom.
ISTE
Global Collaborator
I strive to broaden my perspective, understand others and work effectively in teams using digital tools.

No comments:

Post a Comment